суббота, 1 октября 2011 г.

GSAM Jim O'Neill on Putin


PUTIN’S BACK.
I could have devoted the Viewpoint to this topic and I shall return to it in coming weeks. If it hadn’t been so conceivable, this development could easily sit in the surreal bucket also. I expect an increase in the intensity of emails I receive suggesting the removal of the R from BRIC. I know many close to Medvedev are most disappointed, and this for me is disappointing, but as one wag wrote, while they thought they were working for the other side, the other side was working for the other side...quite remarkable. For those of us who do not live in Russia, I do think we all need to remember that Russia likes its strong leaders, and if this transition is peaceful and things remain stable, that will be more than a decade of stability, which for Russia, is quite an achievement.

Ещё один разочарованный странник. Цитата, впрочем, отличная.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий